Head of Masterplanning and Urban Design
One Works is currently looking for a Head of Masterplanning and Urban Design to join our London office in strengthening our profile across a range of markets.
The ideal candidate should have a breadth of experience and the technical skills to deliver complex Masterplanning and urban design projects worldwide. As a senior member of the team, you will play a large role in supporting One Works’ business strategy to increase market share and secure new, and strengthen existing, business relationships both in the UK and abroad. As leader of the Masterplanning function across the organisation, you will undertake the effective management of both people and finances, to achieve and exceed budget. We offer competitive salary, a friendly, flexible supportive working environment and the scope to realise your full potential.
- A minimum of eight years post-qualification, international experience;
- Master’s in Architecture and/or Urban Design;
- Strong interpersonal skills, which facilitates trust and improved work performance from others, and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Friendly, diplomatic and approachable.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where flexibility is essential;
- Experience of developing new business opportunities within a challenging market environment.
- Track record in delivering a variety of large-scale projects in different countries of the world.
- Interest and enthusiasm for the built environment.
- A good working knowledge of best planning practice norms and regulations.
- Effective project organisation and communication skills, as well as a problem-solving attitude
- A self-starter, with an independent and hands-on approach
- Ability to deploy One Works’ values of communication, engagement and motivation, operating in a multicultural working environment across the firm.
- Has a proven track record of fee earning ability, including leading pitches and tenders for both public and private sector clients.
- Provides sound advice and effective management for a wide range of public and private sector clients.
- Develops new clients for the Firm and grows the business with a constant awareness of the need to be profitable, whilst being mindful of the One Work's approach and values.
- Effective track record of Client Relationship Management.
- Manages and develops a strong team for maximum efficiency and to achieve or exceed business objectives.
- Manages the Masterplanning provision, and business, to achieve profitability through commercially astute and efficient 'Best Practice' processes, including Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work closely with other offices to develop business opportunities, and promote their division and profit centre, both internally and externally.
- Proactive in creating team effectiveness through clear goals and measures
- Deals productively with conflict situations between team members
- Encourages open discussion through effective questioning and meeting management
- Recognises and uses the different contributions of team members
- Seeks to co-operate with colleagues in pursuit of organisational objectives
- Recognises the value of team working with other divisions, and wider One Works teams all times.